Monday, November 16, 2009

Video Clips

Video clips are invaluable resource to teachers today, especially in the Social Studies classroom. Video clips can be used as to spark interest, introduce a new, unfamiliar topic, express creativity, or even travel back in time. The video clips that I found not only offered me a way to enhance my lessons and reach my visual learners, but also left me with full of ideas on how my students could create their own videos as a means of authentic assessment. The videos that I found will let you hop in a time machine headed back to the Constitutional Convention, hear firsthand accounts from several WWII veterans, and rap the Bill of Rights. I also chose to list a video that Jacki and I have used twice now with our Opportunities Unlimited students on preparing for a job interview. The video provides a perfect example of what both a good and bad interview looks like. The video is very well done as well as humorous and it successfully gets our students thinking of the "dos" and "don'ts" of interviewing.

Here are two of my favorites...ENJOY!!!

Bill of Rights Rap


Job Interview Preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment